Friday, September 26, 2008

The Food Stamp Challenge, Day 5

As we close in on the end of the seven day challenge, here's my menu from yesterday:

Breakfast -- a bowl of cereal with milk, and a glass of concentrated orange juice.

Lunch -- a turkey sandwich (2 slices of wheat bread with a bit of turkey and gobs of lettuce) and a banana.

Dinner -- spaghetti with sauce, and a glass of milk.

As I mentioned yesterday, my supply of sliced turkey is running dangerously low, so my sandwiches have become thick with lettuce, thin on the meat.

Today I'm on the run, and . . . well, I didn't pack a lunch this morning, so I'm going to have to wing it. Perhaps the $1.12 I had left over from my grocery shopping can be put to use today. I'll let you know.

The final day of the Food Stamp Challenge is tomorrow. On Monday, I'll let you know what I ate, and give you some final thoughts on the challenge.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: